Myaktiv Rubber Powder: Professional products and solutions for the modification of bitumen and asphalt.
With an efficient waste management and the long-term preservation of valuable and high-quality landfill space, we sustainably protect our environment and preserve it for future generations. In this context, it is necessary to recycle materials as much as possible in all respects. The problem of the immense amount of used tires, almost half of which consist of rubber, offers the opportunity to reuse this secondary raw material as much as possible in asphalt road construction in order to save petroleum polymers and bitumen.
Sustainable, economical and environmentally friendly - scrap tire recycling is ecological, economical and responsible.
Our products Myaktiv are additives for the production of rubber-modified asphalt pavements. Myaktiv is ideally suited for the modification of road bitumen and asphalt in accordance with the E GmBA. The additives offer clients and asphalt producers the opportunity to achieve environmentally friendly utilization of recycled materials, with considerable advantages over conventional construction methods. When used in asphalt pavements, among other things, better effects can be achieved than with the use of polymer-modified bitumen (PmB).
In the Myaktiv products, only rubber powder or rubber granulates made from recycled material of 100% unmixed used truck tires are used. Due to the grinding process, the grinding fineness as well as the activation by a special additive made from renewable raw materials and, if necessary, the addition of an adhesion improver, the Myaktiv products are environmentally friendly alternative materials to polymers from petroleum processing.
With our new product Myaktiv Eco, we can lower the processing temperature of the rubber-modified asphalt, thus helping to save energy and reduce CO2 emissions. At the same time, we reduce the pollution from vapors and aerosols during processing.
The fields of application of Myaktiv are:
- Asphalt surfaces according to RStO
- High-strength surface pavements
- Industrial & logistic areas
- Road and path construction
- Noise-reduced asphalts
- Temperature reduced asphalts
Advantages of Myaktiv in asphalt road construction
- Extends the life cycle of asphalt surfaces by up to 10% compared to surfaces with polymer-modified bitumen.
- Improves the performance of road surfaces at high and low temperatures.
- Improves the affinity between the bitumen and stone.
- Can save bitumen of up to 0,5 M.-%.
- An economical and resource-saving alternative to polymers from crude oil processing.
- Environmentally friendly through the reuse of recycled truck tyres and the use of additives from renewable raw materials.
- Easy to dose and handle at the asphalt plant.
- Easily recyclable in new asphalt pavements.
- Reduction of CO² emissions.
- Reduction of vapors and aerosols during processing.
|Product||Density at 15°C||Bulk density||Flash point||Recommended dosage |
(related to the bitumen)
|Addition possibility |
at the asphalt plant
|Myaktiv 90||1,00 - 1,05 g/cm³||0,43 - 0,50 g/cm³||> 220 °C||12 – 15 M.- %||direct addition to mixer|
|Myaktiv 75||1,10 - 1,20 g/cm³||0,50 - 0,60 g/cm³||> 220 °C||16 - 19 M.- %||eligible|
|Myaktiv Eco||1,00 - 1,05 g/cm³||0,43 - 0,50 g/cm³||> 220 °C||12 – 15 M.- %|| |
eligible or direct addition to mixer
All data correspond to our current experience with regard to manufacture and application. The values and average values contained therein are for non-binding advice and information.