Gardening & Landscaping
Slate from Schmiedebach, as a design element, with its velvety elegant shimmering surface and its dark coloration, can be used to create your very own "feel-good oasis". At the same time, the slate material offers the user a variety of advantages, including as a mineral mulch material compared to conventional wood chip products.
- Covering material in planters (pots, tubs, etc.)
- Covering material for planting areas (gardens, parks, inner-city planting, etc.)
- General surface design
- Design of garden paths and sidewalks
- Splash guards on houses and buildings
- Design of watercourses or water bodies
- Elegant design accent - Black is beautiful
- Due to the flat grain shape and the slate's wight, it is very stable in position (cleaning, areas with slopes, wind, birds and small animals).
- Rot resistant and therefore extremely inexpensive for its almost unlimited life span
- Color and UV resistant
- Frost and heat resistant
- Storages heat and releases the stored heat to the plants during the cooler night periods
- Shimmers velvety, especially in the rain
- Low consumption for an area
Product information: Products marked with * are unprocessed natural stones, not cut, banged up or otherwise processed. Our stone materials are natural products that may be subject to color variations. Oxidation of ferrous components and quartz inclusions are possible. Our products are not cleaned, may contain oversize or undersize particles and up to 18 mass % of fine or zero particles.
|Type of stone||Relative density||Loose bulk density|
|Slate||2,70 g/cm³||1.20 - 1.30 kg/dm³|